Voluntary Sector contribution to Locality Children’s Partnership Action Plan
The South Derbyshire & South Dales Locality Children’s Partnership (LCP) brings together agencies and organisations who provide services and support to children and young people locally, aiming to improve their wellbeing. The LCP has agreed its own local priorities and has developed a 3 year Action Plan to work jointly to deliver them.
At the moment the Action Plan mainly consists of, and reports on, activity by statutory sector partners. However, at the last meeting there was a positive response to the inclusion of services delivered by voluntary and community sector organisations which contribute to these priorities:
Keeping Children Safe
- Promoting emotional health and well-being
- Developing awareness and responses to e-safety and CSE
- Improving our understanding of and response to the impact of domestic violence and neglect on children.
- Improving our understanding and response to children affected by parental substance misuse
Ensuring that children are healthy and ready to learn
- School readiness
- New 0-5 offer, involving children’s services, Health and Community/Voluntary sector
- Family support services to the most vulnerable children, including Special Educational Needs and Disability.
- Raising aspiration pre and post transition to secondary school.
- Post 16 options
This is an opportunity to include and evidence the contribution our sector makes to supporting children, young people and families in South Derbyshire and South Dales. If your organisation provides activities or services which deliver or contribute to any of the 3 priority areas and would be willing to report quarterly on progress and activity, then please contact Kerrie Fletcher at South Derbyshire CVS by email email@example.com