The vSPA North and Erewash
The vSPA North and Erewash (vSPA stands for Voluntary Sector Single Point of Access) provides an effective referral route from health and social care professionals to link their patients or persons to voluntary sector services within their local community. Derbyshire Dales CVS is a delivery partner in vSPA North and Erewash. Dales referrals are triaged by the vSPA team and then passed on to staff at the CVS.
The aim of vSPA North & Erewash (Voluntary Sector Single Point of Access) is to provide an effective referral route from health and social care professionals to link their patients or persons to voluntary sector services within their local community. The priority of vSPA is to identify support for people at home or as close to home as possible to reduce social isolation, promote engagement in meaningful activity and create a positive impact on physical and mental wellbeing. The service covers the Erewash, Hardwick and North Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Groups’ patient population, which includes the North Derbyshire Dales Clinical Commissioning Groups medical practices.
- To provide a service to receive referrals from health and social care professionals and the voluntary sector across North Derbyshire and Erewash
- Identify the most appropriate voluntary sector service to support the person within their community
- To ensure a professional, prompt response to all referrals
- To improve accessibility to voluntary sector services for both the person and health and social care professionals
- To decrease time spent by referrers navigating voluntary sector services
- To identify gaps in voluntary sector services that will be shared with commissioners to inform future commissioning.
Referrals are handled by knowledgeable staff in each geographical area who provide current information and access to voluntary sector services within each locality. Established for over 2 years and providing an invaluable quality service, referrers say that vSPA has saved them time, highlighted services they didn’t previously know about and has quickly become a valued service to them.
Health and Social Care Professionals wishing to make referrals need to use the appropriate phone and email contacts. To receive further information about these please phone 01629 812154 and speak to Jonathan Simcock.
Members of the public wishing to be referred to the service should speak to their doctor or other health care professionals.
You may have worked with the service or been in receipt of support from the service by its former guise – the Wrap Around Care Service which ran until August 2016.