As well as the Better Derbyshire Dales Fund there are a few other Derbyshire funders that may be relevant for your community group.
- Bingham Trust Will look at any application for charitable purposes within the SK17 area. Charitable purposes include the relief of poverty, the provision of educational services, the assistance of religious activity and the benefit of the community. Prefers to fund capital projects rather than revenue expenses.
- Dales Housing Community Chest Fund – to improve the neighbourhoods and lives of Dales Housing residents. Contact Samantha Taylor on 01629 593200 for an application form and more information.
- Foundation Derbyshire Established in 1996, Foundation Derbyshire (the new operating name for Derbyshire Community Foundation) now manages endowment funds of over £6 million and has made over £13 million of grants across Derbyshire.
- Duke of Devonshire Charitable Trust A small grant-making family charity providing assistance to local capital projects. Preference is generally given to charities in North East Derbyshire, North Yorkshire and the Eastbourne area but support further afield may be agreed at the Trustees discretion.
- Open Gate Trust Small groups in the East Midlands can apply for a small grant (usually no more than £1,000) for their group if it is working in the areas of technology; environment or education.
- Derbyshire County Council Community Leadership Scheme – allocation of £4,200 to each of the 64 County Councillors each year to award small grants to community, voluntary or youth organisations.
- Derbyshire Dales District Council Local Projects Fund – in a new initiative, each district councillor is allocated £1,000 a year towards projects or initiatives in their wards that will benefit the local community. The minimum grant payable is £100 up to a maximum of £1,000.