Brightside Flourish Garden Project
Due to start on Tuesday 3rd March 11.00am – 1.00pm, initially for 6 weeks at the ECO Centre in Wirksworth.
The course is free and if you have anyone who you think might benefit from it please book them on by ringing the ECO Centre on 01629 533038.
Brightside courses are for people with mild to moderate mental health issues – any question please ring Lynda Mayfield, Programme Development Worker on 01629 537588.
Also, coming up this Spring in Wirksworth – Grow Your Own Veg – at the Community Garden, Wash Green, Wirksworth, led by local voluntary organisation – Wirksworth Community Growers.
All tools, seeds, compost and advice provided. Sessions held on Saturday afternoons 2.00 -4.00p.m. Up to 12 places each session. Accompanied children welcome. Sessions as detailed below: –
- February 15th – Introduction to Gardening , useful tools, what space do I need? Sow Broad Beans , garlic and onion sets.
- February 22nd – Sow Peas in pots, help prepare seedbeds, methods of feeding soil.
- March 7th – Sow Beetroot , sow cut and come again salad in pots
- March 14th – Sow early summer cabbage , spring onions.
- April 11th – Sow kale in modules, sow leeks, carrots, parsnips , carrots.
- April 18th – Sow French and climbing beans, sweet corn in pots
- May 9th – Sow courgette, squash , sweet corn in pots, thin out early sowings in beds
- May 16th – Sow Runner and French beans.
Book your space with Rosemary – 07904 783818.