Bring Joy Foundation – Special Fund
A special fund has been made available to local community groups who are not able to hold their regular meeting but still want to support their elderly communities.
From Bring Joy Foundation: –
“We will be giving grants to groups to buy books, puzzles, games communication tools and assistive technology where needed to seniors who are currently isolating as per the latest Government advice. We understand the need to keep seniors busy and active during this time as boredom and depression may lead to mental and physical decline.
We need you to act really quickly as the Government may introduce full lockdown which will mean we will face challenges in getting this our to our seniors.
You do not need to be a registered charity.
We want all of our seniors to stay mentally fit and active, apply to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you don’t have access to email please telephone 01925 730 273 answering the following points:
1) Name of Community Group
2) How many seniors you support
3) How you will use the money
4) Do you have any disabled seniors who may require technology to help them stay active, well and connected to loved ones? If so, how many and what would their requirements be.
5) Do you agree to provide Bring Joy with pictures of seniors who have benefited from this grant, photos and quotes will be used online and in local press.
6) Do you agree to follow all social distancing requirement when distributing items to seniors i.e. alcohol hand gel, no physical contact, do not visit any seniors if you are unwell or showing symptoms of COVID-19 no matter how slight?
Please remember to keep yourself and your seniors safe by following the latest government advice. You can also visit Home Instead for specific information and advice around COVID-19”