It’s officially Autumn now and although here at the CVS many of us left school some time ago it still feels quite natural to plan for the coming year!
Our Coffee Mornings remain a fortnightly feature for us at CVS and we are finding them a very useful way of learning about new services and updates on existing services in the area. Most recently we have heard from: –
- Hearing Help UK – which provides advice and equipment, and runs a monthly social group in Ripley;
- Local social housing provider – Platform Housing about their community engagement and small grants;
- National funder the Plunkett Foundation which supports community run ventures such as community shops and pubs;
- Local Citizen’s Advice Bureau and their support for those living with a long-term condition.
It would be great to see a few more of our Member groups at a Coffee Morning! We think it is a good way of sharing information about services and support locally, and although the notes and presentations are circulated to those who have attended before, we know that we’re not always in the mood to read a set of minutes!
Our confirmed speakers for our next series of Coffee Mornings include: –
- The Oddfellows Society – a non profit mutual encouraging friendship and support;
- Ashbourne Recreation Ground Sports and Community Partnership – update on the new pavilion;
- Rethink Mental Illness – an update on the new Art Group in Matlock ;
- Get Active Locally – a new scheme to encourage local people to exercise more, and raise money for local parks.
As well as a regular update from Rachel Metcalfe on the Covid 19 situation in the Derbyshire Dales and associated health messages.
Coffee Mornings are every other Thursday at 10.30 and usually go on until 12.00noon. If you haven’t used Zoom before, and would like a practice before joining a Coffee Morning please do contact Sarah or Jonathan and we would be happy to help. Tel 01629 812154.