Free programme for leaders of Community Businesses
Do you run a project or organisation that exists to improve your local community? Is it led by local people and less than four years’ old?
This FREE support programme will give you the head-space, support network and funding needed to start or diversify your income from trading.
The Community Business Trade Up Programme is run in partnership with Power to Change. Community businesses on this programme typically increase their income from trading by 64% in one year.
Applications welcomed from all community businesses, particularly keen to support community business who meet any of these criteria:
• Led by a board or team who are mostly from a racialised and minoritised community
• Led by a young person (aged 18-34)
• Located in and giving support to very deprived or disadvantaged local communities
This is a free learning programme, to help you build your income, confidence, resilience and impact, with up to £5,000 Match Trading grant, a community business peer mentor as well as the opportunity to meet regularly with other people running organisations like yours.
You’ll benefit from the School for Social Entrepreneur’s practical learning style and Action Learning approach. No textbooks – just inspiring people who’ve been there and done it.
This programme is open to ‘early stage’ community businesses in England – between 1-4 years old that are working towards these criteria:
• Locally rooted – your organisation exists to benefit your local neighbourhood, village or town; your local area is at the heart of what you do
• Accountable to the local community – you consult local people about what you do, and communicate with them
• Trading for the benefit of the local community – you want to increase your income from trading by at least £4,000 in the next year, with profits re-invested to benefit your local community
• Making a broad community impact – what you do engages different groups of people from your local area