Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Programme
The project has been created thanks to suicide prevention trailblazer funding. A key outcome of the project is to test what works. To begin with the project aims to:
• Help organisations to access existing mental health and suicide prevention awareness training commissioned by Derbyshire County Council.
• Support organisations and clubs to create mental health policies and action plans to raise awareness and embed a positive wellbeing culture.
• Encourage organisations to sign up to national mental health charters and accreditations such as Sport and Recreation Mental Health Charter.
• Signpost organisations to existing local and national mental health toolkits.
Based at Erewash CVS https://www.erewashvoluntaryaction.org.uk/mental-health-suicide-awareness and covering the Derby and Derbyshire, the aim of the project is to: –
- Increase awareness of mental health and well-being, self-harm and suicide prevention.
- Promote a positive culture for mental health and well-being within organisations.
- Support a reduction in male suicide rates across all ages, in particular young to middle aged-men.
The project will focus on supporting specific groups and settings in Derby and Derbyshire including, but not exclusive to:
• Amateur football, rugby and cricket clubs.
• Independent boxing gyms and fitness centres.
• Workplaces, including routine and manual occupations, barbers, bookies, and pubs.
• Various geographical areas of concern with high suicide rates.
Contact Chrissie on 0115 9466740 or email email@example.com